What to do

What to do when someone dies

At home

When a death occurs at home, you will need to contact your family doctor (or doctor on call) who will issue a medical certificate of death.
Most families prefer their loved one to be taken to the chapel of rest as soon as possible and this can be arranged by telephoning us at any time.

In hospital

The nursing staff or administrative officer will advise the next of kin and arrange for them to collect the medical certificate of death.
Arrangements will be made for the deceased to be conveyed to a chapel of rest.
We always use a smart and discreet vehicle when we are called to attend.


Collins Funerals offer a full repatriation service, ensuring that your loved one is transported home with the greatest of care.