As your Funeral Director, we are here to guide you through making an array of arrangements that can seem overwhelming, as follows:
Arrange a date and time for the funeral, according to your instructions.
We will contact the church, cemetery or crematorium and/or the person who will be conducting the service, to arrange a mutually convenient date and time.
- Transfer the deceased to their premises, or provide practical assistance to allow the deceased to remain at home prior to the funeral, if this is your request.
- We have a private chapel of rest for viewing of the deceased prior to the funeral, according to the family’s wishes.
- Provide the necessary vehicles and staff to conduct the funeral with dignity and professionalism, in accordance with your instructions.
- Deal with all necessary paperwork to enable burial or cremation to take place.
- Place death notices in local and/or national newspapers.
- Arrange for catering at a venue of your choice following the funeral.
- Arrange special musical requests for the funeral service, such as a soloist, piper or choir.
- Liaise with the officiant to provide Order of Service sheets at the funeral service.
- Record the names of those attending the funeral in order to provide you with a list afterwards.
- Order floral tributes on behalf of the deceased’s family and/or friends and colleagues.
- Accept and care for floral tributes delivered to their premises prior to the funeral.
- Accept donations for a nominated charity in lieu of flowers on your behalf, providing the family with a list of those who have donated after the funeral.
- Arrange for transfer of either the deceased or the cremated remains to another area of the country, or repatriation overseas, for a subsequent funeral or disposal, in accordance with your wishes.
- Provide advice and transport to assist with the registration of the death. Please be aware that Funeral Directors cannot register a death – this is something which must be done by a family member or person closely connected with the deceased.
- Supply obituary cards or ‘thank you’ cards for use by the family following the funeral service.
- Place ‘Thank You’ and acknowledgement notice, or obituary notices in local newspapers following the funeral.
- Provide information on how to arrange a pre-paid funeral plan.
- Offer a choice of coffins and caskets to suit a range of budgets and individual choice.
- Offer a choice fleet of Daimler, Mercedes, Volvo and Limousine fleets as well as horse drawn hearses.
- Offer a choice of religious or non religious ceremony and cater for all religious groups.